Our church's history...
First Baptist Church of Roy (FBC) was constituted December 11, 1952 with 56 charter members, after being a mission church of FBC, Clearfield (now Mountain View) for one year and eight months. Prior to the purchase of land in 1955, the church met in the home of their pastor, Ray McKinney. They also met for a time in the fire station of the Roy administration building.
The nine lots purchased in 1955, where the church now stands, were called the Arsenal Villa Housing. The church met in the buildings for a time until they were torn down to begin building. The church building was built in four units. The first unit built, (now classrooms), was completed in January 1959 to accommodate 120 people. An annex (now the nursery area), was built in 1961, followed by the auditorium in 1962.
During the 10th anniversary service on December 9, 1962, the “interim” auditorium was dedicated. In 1968, the kitchen and baptistery were added. On December 17, 2000, the new auditorium was dedicated. It took 38 years of FBC of Roy from the “interim auditorium” (now the fellowship hall) to the present auditorium. In 2017, FBC-Roy celebrated their 65th anniversary!
FBC of Roy is a mission-minded church. We sponsored FBC in Brigham City, Lakeside Church in Syracuse, FBC Roy in Gbangbatoke and FBC Roy in Moyambo, Sierra Leone, Africa and most recently Vida Nueva, a Hispanic Church Plant here in Roy. We are also partners with Sojourn Church, which is a new church plant in West Haven, UT.